What are Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts?

Flexible Spending Accounts are special accounts you put money into that you
use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs. You don’t pay taxes on this money. This means you’ll save an amount equal to the taxes you would have paid on the money you set aside.

Dependent Care Accounts are pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for dependent care services, such as preschool, summer day camp, before or after school programs, and child or elder daycare.

Expenses Must Occur During Plan Year 

Plan Rules:

  • Coverage through Consolidated Admin Services

  • Plan year is from January 1 - December 31 and employees must re-enroll each year

  • Only family status changes will allow you to change your annual election. The altered election must be consistent with the status change.

  • Married and not filing jointly participants limited to $2,500 deferral for Dependent Care

  • Transfer of funds between the Dependent Care and Medical Care accounts are not allowed

  • Please visit your Employee Benefits website for a complete listing of eligible expenses and qualifying dependent care services.

Contact Campus Benefits help with filing a claim.

1 (866) 433-7661


Contact CAS - 1(877) 941-5956

Phone: 866-433-7661

Fax: 770-394-0333

The Dougherty County Schools Benefit Portal is provided for illustrative purposes only. Actual benefits, services, premiums, claims processes and all other features and plan designs for coverage offered are governed exclusively by the provider contract and associated Summary Plan Description (SPD).